- Listed on Top-100 seller booklist for South Africa - Fiction & Non Fiction.
- Listed on Top-100 seller booklist for South Africa and Abroad - Fiction & Non Fiction.
- Listed on Top-100 seller booklist for South Africa and Abroad - Fiction.
- Listed on Top-100 seller booklist for South Africa and Abroad - Non Fiction.
- The Book Debeut as Ranked 26 in Top Seller for Afrikaans - All Books.
- The Book Debeut as Ranked 23 in Top Seller for English - All Books.
- The Book Debeut as Ranked 17 in Top Seller for Afrikaans Non Fiction Books.
- The Book Debeut as Ranked 23 in Top Seller for English Non Fiction Books.
The Recce Story Night and book launch of Recce: Small Team missions behind enemy lines on Friday 18 September 2015 at Leriba Hotel and Spa was a resounding success. About 380 guests attended the event.
Callie Roos provided some background on the Small Team concept and introduced Annie Olivier from Tafelberg Publishers.
Annie made a brilliant speech and provided some statistics on how well the book has performed in the very first week after being published.
Koos Stadler shared two stories from the Bush War, focusing on Small Teams' attempts to destroy fighter aircraft on the runways of Lubango and Menongue.
Dave Scales then talked about the support of Small Teams during long-term deployments, especially how secure communications were maintained over extreme distances.
Mac McIntyre packed out a display of Small Team equipment.
Please Note: The book will be available in all major book stores from the 15th September 2015. Books ordered from the author at the reduced cost of R 200 will be mailed once available; however, postal fees are payable by the recipient.
The Recce Story Night is presented on a regular (6-weekly) basis by the Special Forces Association (SASFA). Ex-Special Forces members share their thrilling real-life experiences from the South African- Angolan Border War during the 1970s and 80s. An entrance fee of R 150 per person is charged to cover the expenses. The price includes a cocktail dinner, while a cash bar is available for alcoholic beverages.